What does it mean to provide person centered contraceptive care? What is shared decision making? How can I provide contraceptive counseling that leads to higher patient satisfaction? We hear these questions from clinic staff all the time. We know you’re busy and we know you care about providing high quality care. Through the Converge Connect Person Centered Contraceptive Care virtual course you can learn more about these concepts at a pace that works for you, with content developed by leading experts in sexual and reproductive health care.
Virtual course includes 3 lessons:
- Recognizing and Diminishing Bias to Achieve Equity and Reproductive Autonomy
- Providing Person Centered Contraceptive Counseling
- Overview of Contraceptive Methods and their Features
- Self-paced, on-demand, $50
- Developed in partnership with Dr. Christine Dehlendorf at the Person-Centered Reproductive Health Program at University of California San Francisco
- Interactive quizzes, presentations, and self-reflections exercises keep learners engaged even in a virtual setting
- Includes videos with ob-gyn and family medicine physicians, explaining key concepts related to person centered care
- Demonstrate and increase in self-awareness of existing implicit biases
- Participants utilize shared decision-making with providing contraceptive counseling
- Participants demonstrate knowledge of the full range of birth control options.
4.5 contact hours approved through the Mississippi Nurses Foundation